Saturday, January 11, 2014

{11/365} Book Beanstock


This raises a lot of questions in my mind:
  • How is this (I like to call it) book beanstock supported?
  • How many books are in it?
  • What books are in it?
  • Did the artist keep track of titles, authors, number of books or just find a bunch of books and build?
  • How are they kept together? That metal railing looks close enough that people could still touch it/pull on it.
  • How tall is it?
  • How did they get it in there?
  • Does it get skinnier at the top or is it all the same size?
  • Is there a plaque or something that explains it?
  • Where is it?
  • Is it solid or hollow on the inside?
  • Who built it?
  • Won't the pages turn yellow eventually?
  • Are the pages coated or something so that they can't turn yellow? 
  • Were these all brand new books when it was built?
  • Why so many books about Abraham Lincoln? I see at least 4 in this picture.
I know these are all questions that I could probably google but I just want to know right now! Maybe I'll look these questions up someday and I'll come back and update this post with the answers. But not like…anytime soon...