Sunday, December 29, 2013

A Box Full Of Sunshine

I found the best thing ever!!!! Ok. Maybe not the BEST thing ever but it's pretty darn cool. 

Have you ever had a friend that is going through a rough patch? Then, you feel like a terrible friend because you can't figure out how to help or cheer them up? Don't lie. You've been there.  We've all been there.  Sometimes a phone call just isn't good enough.  They need an extra pick-me-up but you just can't think of anything.  DONT WORRY!!!! I found just the thing!  It's a box full of sunshine!!! Go check it out on Pinterest for ideas.

Basically, you find a box, then put a bunch of yellow stuff in it.  Genius, I know.  

Now for me, I had to mail mine.  My friend lives in California.  This is one of this times when you really want to do more than a phone call but you feel like can't. BUT WAIT!!! NOW YOU CAN!!! I'm pretty excited for her to get it.  

Need some sunshine ideas? Go check out Pinterest and search for "box of sunshine" or "box of sunshine ideas" and you will get a bunch of pictures.  Now if you don't want to sink into the never-ending, most addicting hell heaven ever then I'll give you some ideas.

  • Juicy fruit gum
  • Yellow Candy
    • Jelly beans
    • Sugar daddy/babies
    • Swedish fish
    • Yellow sucker
    • Butterfinger
    • Peanut Butter snickers
    • Peanut M&M's
    • Toblerone chocolate
    • Butterscotch candies
    • Mr. Goodbar
    • You get the point. Anything with a yellow package
  • Lay's Classic Potato Chips
  • Burts Bees products
  • A yellow balloon
  • A yellow lai
  • Some goofy yellow sunglasses
  • Not all of it has to be serious.  Have fun with it
  • An uplifting book. I found funny one with animals saying funny things with a yellow/orangish hue to the cover
  • Yellow nail polish
  • A yellow loofah/sponge/shower puff thing
  • A yellow candle
  • Those packets of stuff you add to your water  
    • Snapple
    • Chrystal Light
    • Mio
  • Subway gift card
  • We have a coffee place called Dutch Bros here and the envelope is yellow
  • Carmex
  • Yellow fake flowers for filler (or real if you don't have to mail it like myself)
Hopefully you have a box full by now or have gotten creative and found some more yellow stuff. (I also added some orange and white stuff) Check out some small local shops also.  They might have different fun yellow stuff you can't find at say Wal-Mart or Fed Meyer. I know mine did.  

OH!! Don't forget the most important part so they don't just open a box full of yellow stuff and think you are crazy!

This website has ideas and free printables

Feel free to make your own if you feel so inclined.

This is all the goodies I ended up getting for mine. 


To make it more "sunshine-y", I painted the inside of the box yellow and added yellow tissue paper to the bottom.  Also, I found a couple things that came in white boxes like the mug and the keychain so I just painted the tops of the boxes yellow because that is all you see once its inside the box with everything else.  The keychain "foam" stuff I also painted yellow so it wouldn't be all white when she opened it.

The great part about this project is that you get to be as creative as you want and the contents can be as cheap or as expensive as you want.  I wanted to get my friend more "things"  because she's not a big candy person but you could do a sunshine candy box and it would probably be cheaper and just as cheery for them.

I hope whoever you make this for cheers up.  Have fun!!!