Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Holidays

If you celebrate Christmas, are you doing the holidays larger or smaller this year?

I do in fact celebrate Christmas.  In my family, large Christmas' aren't even an option.  We have a fairly small family so it's a fairly small event.  

We spend Christmas Eve with my Dad's side of the family which is only his brother and his wife (and sometimes my cousin and his girlfriend). It's a max of 7 people.  We had one Christmas Eve that was 13 people but 1 passed away the other 5 moved to Japan (Army stuff).

On Christmas we spend it with my Mom's side of the family.  2 live in Kansas so its only 8 people.  Us, my Aunt, Uncle, Grandma, and 2 cousins.  We use Skype during the holidays however to keep in touch with the 2 in Kansas and just pass the computer around to talk to them. 

We don't even do the typical (at least what I see as typical) put all the food on the table, sit down and eat thing.  We leave everything on the stove and counter and grab our plates and squish together on couches and ottomans and such in the living room and talk.  

We pretty much play by our own rules. :)