Friday, December 20, 2013

Holiday Dinner

Welp. I can't do the blog prompt for today because I don't do any volunteer work. Shame on me. I know.  But I'm busy and haven't found time to squeeze it in around y 2 jobs and school.  However, I have been considering volunteering at my Church. It's growing constantly and they always need help.  I'll get there someday.

What I AM going to talk about is our school's holiday dinner tomorrow at job #1. The elementary school!!! It's such great little tradition.  It's put on by the SpEd kids (Special Education). They get to decorate, make snowflakes, we set up the tables, hang enough lights that we can turn off the cafeteria lights, etc.  Also, we pick group of kids to make invites for the firefighters next door. (Literally next door, we share a fence) We all tromp over there and hand them the invites and every year they show up usually in their fire truck and the kids love it.  It's pretty cool. This year the 5th grade group got to make them which.  They were pretty stoked.  


So, this is like an all day event.  The kids get all dressed up and it starts around 10:30 and ends whenever we get the entire school's parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, siblings, whoever they invite through our cafeteria.  For me, it's like an all day recess duty.


It's a lot of work but it's totally worth it.  I can't wait.