Monday, December 2, 2013

Perseverance, Patterns and Pets.

Oh the prompt for a Monday Post. "Do you think you're more or less likely to complete December's NaBloPoMo?  Why?" I'm not sure how many of these prompts I'll use but I think this one is a good way to kick of NaBloPoMo.

I always seem to fall short on these types of challenges; daily pictures, give thanks for something every day of November, daily blogs (the newest challenge), etc.  I feel like they get monotonous or the person that created the challenge ran out of ideas and resorted to (my personal favorite for the daily picture challenge) "patterns". Like from where? My bed has stripes…do people really want to see a picture of my bed? My laundry basket has polka dots. Do they want to see my dirty underwear?  They just seem lame weak.  

However, like I said yesterday, I want to learn more about blogging and I want to get some more traffic. Maybe I can get comments from people who actually know what they are doing (unlike me) and can offer up some good advice for my writing or blog in general or just some motivation to not throw in the towel for the 87th time.  

At least I have my helpers always by my side…or causing a ruckus near my side…or somewhere in the general vicinity.  Regardless of their antics they don't give up on me.


Bella "B"


Jyra Sue "Susan"


Tulip "Tripod"
They make sure to keep my keyboard warm with their butts and make sure everything it spelled correctly.  They are like the live version of the paper clip guy that always popped up in the corner trying to help you all the time.  You guys remember him.  Ya know. This guy!


Ok, so now I'm on a tangent about cats and paperclips.  Sorry. My point: (there is one I promise) I'm going to do my best to make it through this NaBloPoMo thing.  I'm super excited so far which is a good sign so we shall see if this 2 day streak turns into a 3 day streak and so on.  

I feel like I need one of those "Days without a Velociraptor attack day missed of blogging in December" signs.